Currently, there are different types of Bible trivia programs being used by Pathfinder Clubs across the North American Division. The Pathfinder Bible Experience (PBE) was created to unify these different models and give "ownership to local leaders," according to a recent NAD Youth Dept. email.
Pathfinders will be studying the books of 1 Samuel and Mark for this year's tournament.
Here's a quick overview of how the program will work:
- There will be four levels of play: Area, Conference, Union and Division.
- Up to six Pathfinders per team. There is no limit on the amount of teams per Pathfinder club.
- The Area level takes place annually on the first Sabbath of February. Teams in first place with 90 percent and higher of the top score get to advance to the conference level.
- The Conference level is scheduled for the first Sabbath of March.
- The Union level will happen on the last Sabbath of March.
- The Division level will take place on the third Sabbath of April at the General Conference headquarters in Silver Spring, Md.
Update: The 2012 Pathfinder Bible Experience Manual is available for download here. (large file)